Aug 9, 2007

Vist to the Orphanage

Let me first say, Mama Darling, would you email me so I can send you pictures of your VERY CUTE, and Healthy Doodle Bug.

Today has gone very well except for the fact I have a mild cold, figures hu! We woke up early to go to the Tongling Orphanage, which is two hours drive from Hefei. It was a great drive, it is nice to see some country side, up to this point all we have seen is City. We arrived at the Orphanage, and meet the director and assistant director, they all said Max was very loved by everyone, there was even a woman who works at another part of the Social Welfare Institute who came and saw him, and who loved him very much. We then went to see the childrens area, which was VERY nice, clean bright, all the children were very cute, and looked well taken care of. We saw a lot of his friends, where he slept and where he played, it was great to see. The nannies loved him so much, he will be missed. We then went to his finding spot, which was at the gate of a busy park. We were happy that he was left here, because it is so busy, and his birth mother must have wanted him to be found quickly. It was a very pretty park, with a huge lake. We then went to lunch, it was good but VERY spicy, I stuck with the pork and cabbage, but there were other lovely things such as, Chickens feet, eel, and whole fish in soup.

Ok, this is finally working, the first picture is of us with the Director, and Assistant Director in front of the orphanage, the second is of Max and his nanny, who loved him very much.

3 comments:

Mama Darling said...

Oh!!! I have already emailed you and I am sooooo excited about getting the pictures!!! It's funny, I now check your blog just like I used to check Rumor Queen. LOL Just knowing that you are near our daughter is so special. I am so glad that you had the opportunity to visit the orphanage and found it to be a "somewhat" cheerful place. Of course, there's no place like home. I'll check back later when you are able to post pictures.

Steve's sister Lisa said...

Chelsie, you and Max look as though you have always been together. Perfect fit !!!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
Rob Watson & Don Wise here. We have been following your journey with excitement. Can't wait to meet the only known male Wise heir.