Aug 14, 2009

Two Years later...

I can't believe I forgot to post the two year aniversery of adopting Max! Here is what I posted two years ago (well, two years ago on the 6th..):

ITS A BOY!
WE HAVE MAX, and he is a doll. It went as well as to be expected, he didn't mind coming with us at all, he was just taking it all in, and having fun playing with his truck. There were several other Tongling children being adopted, 7 total, the other 6 were from France. We brought him back to the hotel and had him laughing within a few hours, he was having a blast playing with the sunglasses and the stacking cups. We then went to eat lunch, and he ate very well. After lunch he started getting fussy, then it hit, he cried and cried for about and hour and 1/2. No mater what we did, he wouldn't stop. His nap time is normally between 12 and 1. He was so tired. He finally stopped when I started walking him down the halls. But when we came back in the room and I laid him down, he would start again. So I sat down and read him a story in my lap, within five mins (three times thru the book) he was out, and is out now (as you can see from the pic) We weighed him, he only weighs about 25 pounds, not the 29 like we thought. He is so cute, and smart. he doesn't really use his right hand at all (the side his muscle weakness is on), and is still a bit unstable when he walks, but he doesn't let it stop him. I will update you more later in the day. Enjoy the pics while I enjoy the real thing!







And here is a video of that first day!




And here he is today (well, the last couple of weeks)! He uses his right hand every single day, he is very stable and rarely falls now. He has an amazing vocab, and is so very smart! He says "Thank you Mom and Dad!" every day without being asked, and says "Love you Mom, Love you Dad!" every single day. He loves to travel, loves our military vehicles, loves just hanging out. He has made an easy transition into our family. He is our son, and we just love him like crazy!!







WE LOVE YOU MAX!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you got me tearing up with that one kiddo,,,,mommie dearest

Mama Darling said...

He's obviously an amazing fun-loving little boy! It's hard to imagine your family without him. I'm glad that he is doing so well. I think he and DB would have such fun together.