Jan 21, 2009

"Day Old" Doggie and My New Years Goal

Hello All. Hope everyone has had a wonderful New Year so far! We have been fairly busy with appointments and such. And just living daily life! As a late Christmas gift from a friend Max got a dog, that you wrap around your neck (for like sleeping on a plane or in a car seat). He loves this dog, and wears it around his neck all day. So, we asked him, "what is your doggies name?" and he replied "Day Old" We were like, "HU, did you say Day Old?" and he would say "Yes" We repeated the question several times, asking the name, then making sure that is what he said, even over several days, this dogs name has remained "Day Old" I don't have ANY idea where he might have got this! But that is his name. I bet you want to meet this dog, who has such an interesting name! Well here he is: (Along with Max and Rosco)






On another note, I thought I would let you guys in on my New Year's Goal! I have signed up to run the 5k (3.1 miles) at the Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati (in May)! I have always wanted to be a runner, just something about it, seems so elite. So, for the past three and 1/2 weeks I have ran (as in Jogged/walked) 3.1 miles three days a week! It is currently kicking my bottom, but I am improving every time I run. I have already cut 5 minutes from my time, and lost a few pounds in the process. GO ME!!

Lastly, I am very excited about this weekend. This weekend will be Max's very first overnight!! He is staying overnight at a dear friends of ours (who he loves), and we are going to have our first night ALONE and together WITHOUT Max in over a year! YEAH. It is only overnight, but I'm really looking forward to being able to sleep in!! I'll let you know how he does. Cheers!

No comments: