Feb 19, 2008

Eye Dr. and Pre-School.

Hi everyone. Yesterday we had an Opthomalagits (spelling?) aka Eye Dr. Apt. On the MRI they found that Max's left optic nerve was smaller than his right. The Dr. had a look and everything looks good to him, no problems that he sees. He did say that because of where his cyst is in his brain, that he could have some minor problems, but won't know about those until Max can actually say, Hey that looks blurry, dim, funny, etc. So, we see him back in one year.

We also found out today that Max does qualify for free Pre-School. It will start the day after his third birthday (in only a few weeks!), and he will go from 9am-11:30am, M-F. I think going every day is a bit to much, but it is what is required by the public school system. Its free, so I guess I can't be to choosy, he might just have to have a "sick" day, every now and then to stay home and just play with mommy. I really hope he does ok. His language is WAY behind, it is more like a 18 month old, and he is going to be in a class room filled with 36 month olds. But they assure me that the teacher knows how to handle children with ESL, and that he will do fine. He will also get OT, PT, and SP at the school. It won't take the place of private therapy, but it will let me ease up on it a bit. I know the first few weeks he will hate it, but then I think he will enjoy the structured play time, and of course the snack! I know I'm going to enjoy the two hours of FREE TIME, to chill, workout, or more than likely clean.

Max didn't want to have his picture taken the past couple of days. They only time he did was this time..... It would have been a great picture if I didn't have it on VIDEO!!!!!!!! Grrrrr. SO here is the video, and could have been cute picture.

Video Ops

Add to My Profile | More Videos

2 comments:

Teresa =) said...

Chelsie -

Glad Max got into the preschool...but five days a week?! Yikes! That is quite a commitment for a three year old!!

Workout? Clean?? If I were you, I'd be NAPPING during those 2 hours!!

Looking forward to the big birthday bash next Saturday!

Teresa and Car-Car =)

Mama Darling said...

The video clip really caught Doodlebug's attention. She loves to watch Max. They sound a lot alike. DB is also behind on her speech, but ECI told me not to worry about it. I'm not so sure that I shouldn't be worried. I may need to contact them again and have them retest. I could sure use a couple of hours a day! I have forgotten just how quiet it can be with one child. LOL
I hope Max does well at school and makes many new friends. What kind of b-day party are you having for him?