Today was a simi busy day. We woke up, got all cleaned up, and went for our morning walk. Then the "Help me grow" folks came to do another evaluation on Max. They are great. They play with him for a half hour or so, and ask lots of questions on how he is doing, then tell us what we can be doing to help him (such as using the other hand more, and trying to get him to say more words) They then make goals for him. They also started the paperwork to see if Max is eligible for free pre-school, they are about 99% sure he will be. They had to start the paperwork NOW, because he would start when he turns three in March, only 5 months!
After they left he went down for his nap, he slept about an hour, when we woke up, and looked like he was done with sleeping. I got him up, and brought him downstairs. He right off started being cranky. So he went to "The Spot", which is a spot that we put him at when he is being bad/throwing a fit, until he calms down and stops. He usually doesn't sit there long, but today he sat there for a good hour. He would stop for a bit, then I would go over and say "are you finished?" then he would start again. So Alan took a picture of him in "The Spot". He never really SCREAMS when he throws fits, it is more of a fake cry, or a "muamuamua" or "buabuabua" type thing. He then looks to see if your looking, and if you are, he gets louder about it. But like I said he only usually lasts about 5mins.
After all that was done, we went to get Alans birthday cake, his birthday is tomorrow. I got it from a local bakery called, Central Pastry. He LOVES there eclairs, so I got them to put one on top of his cake. I wasn't a big fan of the roses they put on top, but I'm sure it will still taste good. After that we went to dinner at Bravo's, and Max had his first ravioli, he LOVED it, he ate just about an adult size portion of it. He also LOVED the bread dipped in olive oil.
Tomorrow we have an apt. at Childrens Hospital in Dayton to have Max evaluated for Speech, Ocupational, and Physical Thearpy. We should then be able to finally get him in with all these guys to start working on his right sided weakness! He has come so far in the past two months with just us teaching him, I look forward to seeing what they are able to do!
I'll let everyone know how it go's tomorrow, until then, enjoy the pic of "The Spot", and Alan's B-day cake!
Oct 9, 2007
"The Spot"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment