Sep 13, 2007

BUSY BUSY BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, this has been one busy week! We have been to the park several times, and have just been out and about a great deal. Yesterday we went to the ENT bright and early. Max has some very hard ear wax, that the Dr. was unsucessful at getting out, so he is now on ear drops for a week and a half, and will go back to see him then. After the ENT we went to the park with our friends Dawn and her daughter, Riley. They both had a really good time! Max played a lot more than last time. He went down lots of slides and climbed around on things, he even let Dawn push him down the slide while mama was at the bottom. We then came home for a nap, woke up just in time for a meeting with a windows guy, looks like in about 10 weeks we will be getting new windows (YIPEEE!) I hate the windows in this house now! He didn't leave until after 6, so dinner was late, so bed was late. We had to wake up early again today for the Help me Grow people to come. This is a program provided by the county, which helps us get the things Max needs, and tells us where he is developmently and physically. She didn't leave today until 11:45. So we then had lunch, and nap. Then for dinner Alans friend Steve and his girlfriend Betty, and Steves Daughter and Husband and their little girl came over for Pizza. It was really busy, but lots of fun. Tomorrow we have our apt. with the Ped. Neurosurgen, bright and early!!! One day this weekend I don't want to do anything, just play the yard, or something!

We have been trying to get Max off having anything (milk or formula) for naps/bedtimes. Yesterday he did great with that, today... not so much. He took over an hour to get to sleep both for his nap and bedtime. He just seems wired and restless! I am going to keep a log of when he actually falls asleep to see if it gets better. He really needs to go to bed sooner, right now he doesn't actually fall asleep until 9:15ish, when he should be falling asleep by 8! He wakes up between 7:30 and 8... we think, he doesn't really make much noise in the morning, so sometimes we wake up, look at the monitor, and he is awake, so we don't know how long he has actually been awake.

The thing I miss most "Pre-Max" is sleeping in......... ah....... waking up, looking at the clock, and rolling over to go back to sleep, till when ever I felt (most days anyway). No more.........now I wake up, if it is before him (which is about once or twice a week) I go ahead and shower, then by the time I'm done he is awake, but most days, I wake up, and he is awake, so I get up, go in his room, and he is there, arms spread out with a smile on his face. He is so cute. He is always so happy in the morning, I love that! Then when Alan is done showering, we trade off, he finishes breakfast, while I take my time in the shower. Oh... by the way.... Max has these chinese shoes that he HAS to wear, well two days ago, I put on his elmo shoes (the ones he doesn't like) and he thru a little fit, but I didn't remove them, and five mins later he was fine. They light up, and he likes them now, he still likes his china shoes better, but this is a start! Anyway, I'm babbling.....

Here are a few Max pictures at a small park, he loves the slide!



Yes, my shirt says " I do all my own stunts".... funny hu?!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Motherhoood Chelsie ,you can probably count on getting back to" sleeping in "...oh...sometime around 2021.
P.S. Grandpa fell in love already with Max.

Mama Darling said...

Sounds like you've really been busy. I love Max's shirt. DD actually has the same shirt, but I cut it off and made a little ruffle to go around the bottom to make it look "girly", but the message is still the same!!!DB gave up her bottle on her own as soon as we got home. Unfortunately, she gave up all forms of milk, except yogurt. I'm not sure what I am going to do. Sleep late??? I just like to sleep through the night. Maybe tonight will be the night. LOL