I have a theory, that Max follows a two to one rule. Two months being a wonderful, well mannered little boy, and one month deciding he is going to have the SHORTEST fuse, and test EVERY SINGLE LITTLE TINY THING!!! CAN YOU GUESS WHICH MONTH IT IS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Ugh!! Before Monday, I couldn't remember the last time I had put Max in a time out, he would go weeks without being put in one, and would cooperate with most things without even a little fuss. But then November rolled around, and he flipped. He has been hitting again (which he hasn't done for two months), protesting everything, and having mood changes at the drop of a dime! I know I can't complain, we have had two months of good behavior, but boy oh boy, he sure knows how to push some buttons!!! I'm sure it is part of being three, and trying to be independent, and not having the vocal skills to say, "Hey mom, XX really made me mad!" Today, he didn't want his hair combed, didn't want to put this certain shirt on, didn't want to have dad unbuckle him from his seat, only wanted Mom to take him potty, didn't want to do his "Chore" and feed Ollie, so on and so on, and so on. I just got done dragging him to take his nap, and he was out in five minutes flat (after I had to fight to get his shoes off because he didn't want to go to bed). SO wish me luck these next three weeks!
On another topic, Max FINALLY got his new brace last Wednesday! It is totally different than his last one, I'll let the pictures do the talking...
Here is a couple of Max wearing it...
So far Max is walking great in it. We had to go and get extra-wide shoes (at stride-rite) because regular ones were squishing his toes. This one has a hinge in the back that makes his foot be flexed up a little, so he has to push to bring it down, this gives him a greater range of motion moving his ankle up and down, and allows him to go up hills and stairs better.
Well, I need to get some rest to make it thru the rest of the day with my very cranky kid, but you know I love him to death, and wouldn't change one thing about his personality (except maybe the hitting me part!!)!
Nov 8, 2008
two to one rule, and new brace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Max being a normal little boy?! Oh, the horrors!!! LOL!! Sorry you're in the midst of the "bad" month...December is only a few weeks away!
Now Max and Carson have the same splints! Uggghhh...sometimes I just wish I could put the boy in flip-flops and be done with all the time-consuming parts of getting dressed!! I know they help him, but...
November is crazy busy with me (working two jobs at the moment), but let's get together soon. I'll e-mail you some dates.
Love the pics of Max, by the way. He looks awfully proud of that new splint!
Teresa =)
I know, I know, it is complaining, but I have to let it out somewhere!! I wish I could buy the "cool" kid shoes! These new ones though are harder to get on, I keep pinching myself. Can't wait till we get together again.
Chelsie
Post a Comment