OK. This is going to be a good post, with lots of pics. Starting last Wed. (the 1st) Max started with a new physical therapist. So far, I like her a lot! She has lots of experience, and asks mom (the one who knows her kid the best!!!) what his learning style is, and how she should handle meltdowns etc. I never remember to take my camera to therapy, but, this therapist actually got Max to start climbing the rock climbing wall!! I reached in my purse to grab my phone to take a picture, and it was to late, he had already fallen down, so I took one of him in the "foam pit" 
Later that night, I had my "Girls night out" with my two girls, Lou Ellen, and Teresa. We went to one of my favorite places, Vietnamese! Teresa and Lou Ellen were new to this, so they were brave to accept this place, and step out of their bubble. I arrived early, as always (sorry, I can't help it!!) and Teresa was right on time. We waited and waited, and waited for Lou Ellen, but as we didn't have her phone number, we just assumed, she must have forgotten, and we decided to order. This is Teresa's reaction to her first Vietnamese meal.....
I think she liked it though. When we were about half way thru our meal, Lou Ellen walked threw the door!! We just laughed, because, she had actually sat down at another restaurant to eat with her husband, and then remembered that it was "Girls night"!! It made for a great laugh. We learned a great deal about each other, and had some great food!!
Thursday Alan had to go out of town for the weekend, and me and Max were on our own. We decided to go out to eat after Max's swimming lessons, and went to Olive Garden with my sister and her son JP. JP is an interesting little boy to say the least. He is two, and is very very loud!!! He kept screaming "SHUT UP!" at the top of his lungs. I felt bad for the people around us. To his credit, it is only the second time in his life he has ever eating in a restaurants. So, here is a cute pic of Max before we left for swim class, and a picture of my sister and JP at Olive Garden.
On Friday after Max got out of school, we left for Columbus. I had my military weekend on Sat. and the JDRF walk on Sunday. While I was at my military duty Sat. Max hung out with Nana Cara. He is so good for her. They went shopping, and ate lunch. Once I got home, we hung out some more, ate some yummy veggie soup that Cara made, and then it was time for Max to go to bed. After a few hours I went up to make sure he was asleep and this is what I found...
That boy had rolled off his bed, and was sleeping with his head on the bed, and his butt on the pillow. How cute!!
Sunday we walked in the JDRF walk to cure. It was a perfeict day for it. Not much to talk about it, except lots of people, and nice day, so I will let the pictures talk for themselves. The first picture is of Cara, and her son Jordan. We walk for her oldest son, who had diabetes, and who passed away (at age 24) three years ago. I was able to raise 65 dollars, so thank you for all who donated!!
After the walk we drove home. Max has been using his imagination a lot more lately. Today he decided a key chain was the key to his "car" and the steps were the "car". He would grab his "purse" and kiss me and Alan goodbye, and sit on the steps and drive. He even made me be the passenger. It was beyond cute!!! I think he needs a "man purse" though, that pink one is a little big....
Lastly.... I have joined my fellow blogger/china boy mommy in a weight loss challenge! So you will notice on the side bar a tracker, to track the weight that I WILL LOOSE!!!!! I want to loose around 20 lbs by the time she travels to get her new daughter!
Oct 5, 2008
Therapy, Girls Night Out, JDRF, and Having FUN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Loved our Girls' Night Out, despite the...ahem...balloon-eating! Thanks for the pics of me. I'm sure you saw I "stole" them for my blog!
Love the pics of Max, as always. Needing a playdate soon, girlie!
Teresa =)
Post a Comment