Thats right, one year ago today we became a family. A year ago we were waiting in a court room type building waiting for Max to arrive. This was our first sight of him.. (these are all unseen video, that I finally got on my computer from my video camera!!)
Family Day 1
He looked curious, wondering what was going on. He let me give him a cookie, and let me pick him up to look out the window. Shortly after he arrived, the rest of the Tongling Ladies (who all are now with families in France) arrived. He happily sat on his nannies lap while I gave him cookies, and gave him a truck.
Family Day 2
Doesn't he just look so small. He had no problem going with us, and didn't cry once. We got back to the room and he enjoyed playing, and we heard his laugh for the first time. It is still just as sweet as it was that day.
Family Day 3
What a year this has been. We have had some struggles, but they are nothing compared to all the joy this little boy has brought into our lives. Alan and I have learned to become parents, which at times is not easy. He has become a wonderful father, who loves on his son, shows him the ropes, shares his toys (all those jeeps and tanks), and has even become comfortable dealing with all the day to day stuff. I have learned to be patient, to go with the flow, and to trust what I am doing is the right thing, which at times is harder said than done.
Max has also learned, and grown a HUGE amount in the last year. Physically he has gotten much taller, and gained 5lbs. He now uses his right hand some without being prompted, and walks, and runs (with his brace on) with out tripping every other step. His personality has exploded. He is a comedian, who has the best facial expressions, and can make you smile with one look. He is a huge snuggle bug, and loves to give hugs kisses. His teachers always tell me, that he gives the best hugs, because he will run up behind you when you are sitting, and hug tightly around your neck. His vocab has gone from two words, to more than we can count. He is finally using two and three word phrases, and is learning his colors, numbers, and shapes quickly.
I also wanted to post some video's of the orphanage. These video's are short, but are priceless. He looks so somber in them, as well as all the children. You can tell they all just want a family. One little lady in the video (the one in the black and white dress, who I point out) got that wish only a week or two after we visited her, and now she glows, and you can tell a light has been turned on inside of her. To see how this little girl has grown visit her blog here!
Tongling SWI 2
TONGLING SWI ...
Tongling SWI ...
I am excited to see what the next year brings for our family. I know it will be filled with many more first's, as well as some great repeats from last year.
Aug 6, 2008
Forever Family Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
These videos are PRICELESS!!!! Thank you so much for making a special effort to get pictures of DB! I can't believe how much they have both grown and improved. It's amazing what a loving family can do! I can't wait to get the DVD!!!!
Chelsie --
I'm so behind on reading my favorite blogs...can't believe I missed this one!!! Congrats and hope you had a Happy Forever Family Day!!
I will NEVER forget the first time I met Max...we were waiting to travel to get Carson and having lunch with you and Max was so surreal. It was like lunching with celebs and actually meeting him made the reality of Carson seem so much more real...does that make any sense??
I've enjoyed getting to know you, Alan, and Max and look forward to sharing more fun and memories with you guys this next year. Let's keep those playdates coming...
Teresa =)
I'm a little late, sorry about that.... but hope you had a wonderful forever family day!!!
Jet
Hey, Aunt Mary here.......no pictures since August 6th!!! What's up with that???? love to you all :-)
Post a Comment