May 3, 2008

Finally an update....

I know, I know, it has been a long two weeks since I update my blog (not counting cute singing boy). I just simply haven't gotten around to it. We have been busy with regular life stuff. I have been sick fighting a bacteria infection (that has lasted six months and will NOT seem to go away, no matter what antibiotic I am on!!), which has left me feeling ill here and there, with tired spells, and a weak stomach. I was also working for three days this past week. Alan has been very busy with his work, which doesn't leave me much sit down at the computer time. Oh, and I am busy being a mom to a three year old boy who has lots of energy and appointments! :-)

Now, enough of my rant...... on to the update! Lets see. The 21st we meet with Max's teachers/therapists at school. They already see great improvement! He is doing well doing as the teacher asks, playing in group activities, and learning shapes, colors, and numbers. He is still really behind on speech, and social skills. He is still doing parallel play, when he should be doing more interacting. I saw that first hand today, we went to the mall playground, there were about 30 other kids, all running, yelling, and having a blast. He just stood in the middle of them, and didn't move. He kept looking over at me, on the side, and saying "bye, bye?!?" He just didn't have a clue what to do. He has done well there before, but only when there is three or four kids. He is doing well at his private OT/PT/ and Speech. He even did roller blades at his last PT!! I wish I had taken pictures! He was holding the PT's hand the whole time of course, but he was loving it, rolling around, and falling on his butt.

The weather was mostly nice these past few weeks, so we spent a lot of time playing outside. Max even went on his very first hike! We went about a mile, which is HUGE for a three year old, he did great though, going up and down hills, and looking for snails, and ants. He was afraid to hold the worms though...... but I made him do it anyway!! My boy is not going to be afraid of worms darn it!! We also got Max a water table that he is in LOVE with. When we come home from school he says "Water, water??" and points outside. Here are some pics from that....





He also helped Dad work on the Jeep. Max is still in LOVE with Jeeps, and when ever we ride in it, he sits in the back seat, saying "JEEP! JEEP! JEEP!" over and over and over!!




And lastly a cute pic of Max...

1 comment:

Teresa =) said...

Chelsea -

I was beginning to worry about you, not posting for so long! Sorry you're fighting the crud!

Good to hear Max is doing well with his new school and therapies...but roller blading?! I don't think I would be brave enough to even TRY that with Carson!

Guess we're gonna have to come visit again...that water table looks like a bunch of fun!

Thanks for keeping us updated!!

Teresa =)