Jan 17, 2008

MRI and a Full Chair!

Hello everyone. Today Max had his MRI. It went very well. They gave him some laughing gas before they put the IV in, so he could have cared less that something was being stuck in his arm. They then gave him the medication and we went back into the MRI room. Once they started the scan, Max let out a big yawn, tried to turn over, and stuck his thumb in his mouth. It was so cute!! SO they had to stop the MRI, and go and give him more drugs, to make sure he wouldn't move. The rest of the scan went fine, and he took about an hour to wake up from the medication. He was quite drunk the rest of the day. Not groggy, by any means, but very unsteady on his feet. He wanted to run, which wasn't a good idea because he was so unsteady, so I told him to walk slowly, he didn't like this at all, and threw some fits about it. He just couldn't understand why he had to walk slow, even though every time he walked fast he hit something, or fell flat on his face! It got better as the day went on though. This is just kind of a follow up to the MRI's we had done in China, so we are not expecting anything new (keep our fingers crossed for that!). We should get a call from the Dr. on Monday, to get a report on how they look.

I almost forgot about our Homestudy. The woman was not here more than 15 mins, and didn't ask more than 15 questions. She didn't ask to see Max's room, didn't ask to see ANYTHING!! Just wanted to know how he was eating/sleeping/adjusting and that was it. I thought it would be a great deal more than that, and was kinda upset! After all, I had spent the two days before making sure everything in the house was clean! Oh, well, that is one more thing checked off our list, on to the next.

Next week is going to be nice and slow. Only appointments are Max's therapy. It is a much needed break after this week that is for sure!!!

Here are some pictures from yesterday of Max and Ollie trying to both sit on my lap at the same time. Ollie is not a small dog (about 40-45lbs), and that chair is not that big! It can be fun none the less, Max sure seems to enjoy it.

Well, Enjoy the pictures.



4 comments:

Teresa =) said...

Chelsie -

So glad the MRI went well...sorry I wasn't there to care for him, but then again I wouldn't want to put an IV in Max anyway!

The homestudy update cracks me up. I'm like you...I'll probably scour my house from top to bottom. Good to know it won't be worth the worry and effort!

Can't wait to arrange an Aquarium playdate with you guys!

Teresa =)

Jesse, James and Lindsey's mom said...

Max looks great!! Glad to see the pics. Miss chatting with you. Remmeber us during our wait!! We were so nuts!! It is funny looking back. Our HS was the same way. I did not clean excpet the dishes! LOL!
Kathy

Jesse, James and Lindsey's mom said...

Max is to cute!!! I miss talking to you. Remember how much we chatted during the wait? We were a bit nuts! LOL . Our HS was the same way...quick. I did the dishes and that was it. :). It was really a no brainer. Cant wait till July so I can call ASIA and get my 300 bucks!

Mama Darling said...

I sure wish they had given me laughing gas for the MRI that I recently experienced!lol I hope I never have to have another one done! We recently had our 6 month follow up visit also. Since we have used the same SW for both adoptions, we have a pretty close relationship with her. I cleaned a lot better for her first few visits, then I realized that she was more interested in the kids' adjustment than my housecleaning ability. I'm not sure what our report will say since Doodlebug did great, but DD whined, cried, and showed more jealousy than I would have preferred... oh well... I guess we will just have to wait to see the report.