This past week has been VERY busy. His therapists think it is a good idea for me not to be in the room for his therapy sessions. So now I have to sit in this room, with a two way mirror and watch. Last Friday was the first time he had to do therapy without me, it was PT, and he hates PT (because she makes him work the hardest), and he screamed the whole hour. I had to sit behind the glass and watch him scream for an hour. The screaming part wasn't so bad, because I know he was faking it. But the hard part was the fact I had just paid 100 dollars for that session, and nothing was accomplished!!!! In OT on Tuesday, he only cried for five mins, then did great with her. He likes his OT the best, she just has a way with kids. The rest of the week was spent doing odds and ends. Thursday was a bad day. Max has really started hitting, and spent a great deal of time in the naughty chair. I didn't want a repeat of yesterday so, I woke up today (Friday) and thought to my self, I am just going to try to be as upbeat today as possible! All day long, I tried my hardest to smile, include him in every little thing I did (from laundry, to dishes). He was AMAZING today! He was happy, didn't have one single fit. No hitting, no whining, nothing. It was great. I need to learn that me being frustrated, because he is frustrated/mad, only makes it worse. I need to try my best to loosen up, and it really seems to work. We also went to the neurologist today. He thinks Max is doing great. He wants to do another MRI, because the one they did in China is now over a year old. But, other than the MRI, we won't be seeing him for six months.
Today was a great day, and I got some good pictures out of it, here are some of them. HUGS!
Max loves to wear my glasses, here is a cute one of him in them.
Max by the Christmas tree, I tried to get him to stand by it, but he insisted on holding Elmo in front of him, these were the only ones where Elmo didn't block Max's face!

Just a cute picture of him playing on the floor, and goofing off..jpg)

Dec 14, 2007
The past week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Chelsie -
That boy of yours is so CUTE! Sorry about the frustrations of PT and him hitting...yuck! Sounds like you've got it all figured out with the hitting, though...you wise, wise Mommy you!
Have a great week!
Teresa =)
Glad you had a better day. I understand what you are going through... Sounds like you are figuring it out.
The pictures are precious! He's a cute little boy!
Post a Comment