Nov 1, 2007

War of the wills!

We started off the day with a 25 min session in "the spot" because Max didn't want to wait for his oatmeal to cool, so instead he decided to hit mommie because she made him wait. After that the day went well, we went to speech therapy today, which once again he did not speak! He did do a bit more mumbling though. After dinner, and some play time, Max signed that he had to go potty, so I took him in the bathroom, pulled down his pants, and took off his diaper, went to lift him on the potty, when he started peeing all over the place!!!! GRRRRRR, luckly it was just about bath time anyway, so we went up stairs, started the bath, and got on his stool to brush his teeth, he started well, but then decided he didn't want to brush, he wanted to just bite the brush, so after he was told several times to stop biting the brush, he got put in "the spot" again, once he stoped crying, we tried again, same results, back in "the spot", once stoped crying, tried agian, this time he didn't even want to get up on the stool, so I called Alan up, and he held him on the stool, while he screamed (which made the teeth brushing much easier) then back to "the spot" (about 45mins has passed). Once he finally got the point he wasn't going to win, he stop crying, and got his bath. He was not happy about it though, and pouted all the way to the bath tub, and didn't want to get in, but did, but he didn't get any toys to play with, I think he somewhat got the point, that because he was being bad, he didn't get toys to play with in the tub. He sat there, and let me wash him, got out, and then was fine. We got PJ's on, read a story, and he was out in record time. No one who meets Max believes he would ever be bad, or throw a fit, so next time I'm going to record it, to show you all! :-)
He is testing us more and more. I'm not sure how much is being a normal two year old, and what might be an adoption thing. guess we will never know! In other news, we are going to do Ocupational therapy every week now. He really likes, and responds to his OT. Sorry about the whining. Cheers!

2 comments:

Sinthea said...

I'm so sorry to hear that about the cutie! :) I say this with a smirk- something must've been in the water because Kimmie was being a super-stinker all day today, too!!!! Must be the post-Halloween-sugar-high-let-down! Hugs! ~s

Mama Darling said...

Oh, don't be too rough on him. He's just too cute to get into that much trouble. LOL I guess that's the good thing about having an older sister. When DD gets in trouble, DB observes closely, so we haven't had many fits yet. Of course, I don't think we've said "No" many times...could be the reason. LOL