Aug 30, 2007

Not so fun night

sorry guys, no pics from today, we have had a busy past couple of days, and haven't had the camera out much. Max has been doing well sleeping, we are lucky if we can get him asleep by 9pm, but it has been more like 9:15. He has had GREAT naps from 1-3. This evening we had a bad experience though. We ordered pizza, and were told it would take about 45mins, so I sat Max down for his dinner (yummy toddler food) and he was happy eating away, when the door bell rang (25 mins after we called), Alan went to the door, and the dog started going nuts, so he asked me to come get the dog, so I left the table to head to the door and Max SCREAMED at the top of his lungs, I got the dog and dragged him back to the dinner table, by this time Max was in full scared mode, his face was bright red, and he was still screaming, he wanted out of his chair, I couldn't do this because I was busy keeping the dog from running out the door and eating the pizza guy. It was horrible. He was so scared. Once the door was shut, and I got him out of his chair, he started to calm down a little, that was until Alan let the dog out, and Max hurd the door shut again, he flipped out, screaming even louder. He continued if I put him down, or tried to put him back in the chair to finish his dinner. It was like the first few days we had him. After I ate my pizza one handed, with Max on my lap, he was better. He got down, and played a bit. The next few hours were fine. Then when it was time to go to bed, Alan accidently turned off the living room lights, this started the screaming again, this time luckly it was only for a few mins. BOY OH BOY, that type of scream puts chills down your spine!!!! I DO NOT want this night repeated anytime soon!! Its funny, cause right now, Max is awake alone in his bedroom trying to get to sleep, and he is fine. I have NO clue why he flipped out about this, but isn't about sleeping alone in his room. Weird. Anyway. Lets just hope he doesn't wake up screaming in the middle of the night (knock on wood!!!).

No comments: